What is Rafflemania?
One of the biggest and most fun fundraisers in LH history!! It’s a night for students, staff, families and friends of Liberty Hill to come together for family time and prizes.
Everyone in the community is invited to come and enjoy the excitement and try to win some of the great theme baskets that are put together by the classes of LH Elementary, Burden Elementary and LH Intermediate, the PTO and our community sponsors. There will be door prizes for adults and children. A boy’s bike and a girl’s bike will also be given away.
What is a Basket Coordinator?
A parent or group of parents that volunteer to make a “basket” of items to be raffled off during one of the biggest fundraisers of the year!
What a coordinator(s) does:
- Attend the PTO meeting at the beginning of October to pick your basket theme.
- Then start asking for items from the class pertaining to the theme picked. How, you say? Just fill in the blanks on the documents provided to you, copy (at school), give to your class teacher to send home in the kid’s folders. How easy is that??
- Collect items all the way up to the Friday before Rafflemania week.
- Arrange those items into a “basket” or presentation to display the week of Rafflemania in the Intermediate gym.
- Then watch those tickets come in!
You can sign up at “meet the teacher” night before school starts, on open house night, at a PTO meeting or by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How does Rafflemania work?
Each class will choose a theme for their basket entry.
Previous year’s themes have included:
- Family Fun Night
- Parents Night Out
- Road Trip
- Health & Fitness
- Camping Out
Teachers, staff and students then bring items pertaining to that theme and put together a “basket” (or any other container—a basket doesn’t have to be a basket, it can be a wagon, a toolbox, a game table, etc.)
Baskets are decorated & displayed and then judged for creativity by community members.
Historically there have been between 50-60 baskets, so your chances of winning are great!
Sheets of 25 tickets are sold for only $5.00—that’s 25 chances to win for only 5 bucks! You may buy as many sheets of tickets as you like. You can put them all in one ticket can or put a few in several cans. A winning ticket is drawn for each basket. Winners need not be present to win, except for door prizes.